Invest in Venezuela
Advising investors for sound decision-making in a changing environment
Venezuela in Context
The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela is settle to the north of South America, which determines its triple identity. Andina, Amazonic,the Caribbena and The Atlantic Ocean, throughout its the Republic 2.813 km (1.749 miles) of coasts and east of the country, the country has an extension of 916.445 km2 (353.841 square miles), sharing borders with Colombia to the west and south, Brazil to the south and Guyana to the west
The country is characterized for being a federal state with 23 states, a Capital District, it is organized by 335 municipalities and 95 parishes as well as the Federal Dependencies, (conforming by 235 islands, 71 islets and keys on the Caribbean Sea) and Guyana Essequibo. This territory has an extension 167.830 km2, and it is in claimed to Guyana for more than 150 years, currently, the governments of both countries are still looking for a solution to the dispute.
Venezuela has a warm and rainy weather, which varies according to its topography, wind and closeness to the sea. However, the presence of the Cordilleras of the Andes and the coast results in a warmer weather which may vary according to height.
About 80% of the population live in urban areas to the north part of the country, while almost half of Venezuela surface, to the south of the Orinoco River contains the remaining 20%. The total population of the country is 30.620.404 inhabitants. The demographic density is 33,41 inhabitants/Km2. The oficial language is Spanish. The adjective of the country is Venezuelan.
The capital city is Caracas. Settled in a territory formed by 5 municipalities. Libertador, Chacao, Baruta, Sucre, El Hatillo and by the year 2015 counts with an estimated population of 3.289.886 inhabitants.
Although the official language is Spanish, there are about thirty of indigenous languages for these communities such as, guajiro, warao, pemón y kariña, among others. The majority of professional, academic and citizens from middle and high class societies speak English as a second language, while the vast presence of immigrants (Arabic, Portuguese and Italians mainly) keep their original language