Invest in Venezuela
Advising investors for sound decision-making in a changing environment
How to invest / Foreign Investment Register and Company Qualification
Foreign Investment Register and Company Qualification
Foreign Investment Registry
According to the Constitutional Law on Foreign Productive Investment (December 2017), the approval and registration of Foreign Investment by the Ministry of Foreign Trade and International Investment, and compliance with the conditions for Foreign Investment provided for in the special regulations are required. As of the granting of this registry, the rights and guarantees foreseen in the Law, for Foreign Investors, take effect.
Foreign investments do not require prior authorization, but a subsequent registration in order to guarantee the investor the benefits that the the Constitutional Law on Foreign Productive Investment (LIEP) grants.
Since the regulation of the law has not yet been issued, it is recommended to contact directly the Ministry of Foreign Trade and International Investment located in Torre Domus, Mezzanina, Parroquia El Recreo, Dtto. Capital. Libertador Municipality. Caracas Venezuela.
The investor must sign an “Investment Contract”, which is mandatory between the parties. If there is a public contract of international association, it will not be necessary to carry out an investment contract.
The contracts must contain the specifications according to the type of investment and other aspects such as: subjects of the contract, the object or activity, the value of the investment, the area of the country where the investment is directed, duration of the contract, financing, incentives, control and monitoring actions.
- Obtaining a Visa: Business passer TR-N / Investor passer TR-I
- Forming of the Company
- Obtaining the Tax Resgister Information (R.I.F in Spanish)
- Foreign Investment Register and Company Qualification
- Subscription of the Company at Venezuelan Institute of Social Welfare (IVSS in Spanish)
- Subscription and Registration at Training and Education National Socialist Institute (INCES in Spanish)
- Subscription at National Bank Housing and Habitat National–Banavih
- National Register of Working Entities (RENET in Spanish) and Obtaining the Number of Labor Identification (NIL in Spanish)
- Single Register of People who develop Economic Activities – RUPDAE